Our firm regularly handles condominium, townhome and community associations’ legal matters including reviewing and supplementing Declaration amendments, collection of past due assessments, protecting the Association in foreclosure proceedings, eviction/possession cases, unit owner disputes/hearings, coordinating union contract negotiations, drawing up employment contracts and negotiating terms, negotiating commercial leases, corporate compliance, defense in lawsuits, defense in suits with municipalities, HUD claims.
We are a leading firm in the representation of co-ops, representing in excess of 900 units under such ownership.
Some examples of these services are:
- Clarification of proposed rules and regulations adopted by the Association
- Condo unit owner was unable to pay association fees in arrears; our firm negotiated a payment plan acceptable to the Board of Directors and the unit owner. Securing assessment payments that brought the unit owner’s balance current.
- Foreclosure complaints that required document filing and possible court appearances to protect the Association’s right to assessment fees, resulted in successful collection of all past due fees including late fees, costs, and legal fees.
- Negotiated the Union contract of employees in a manner acceptable to both parties included compromise and fair resolution.
- Representation of Associations before the National Labor Relations Board as to unfair business practice claims.
- Representation regarding alleged discrimination by the Association.
- Familiarity with the ever changing contract provisions put forth by cable companies and Wi-Fi providers